11 June 2010

Tough shells

These Autumn women have a tough exterior. Leather, earthy tones. Striking colour highlights their shiny outer shells. Leather gloves and boots, like armour, supports their slight frames. I admire the way the leather looks fluid - ruffles, pleating and surface textures suggest to me that Autumn is all about what's on the outside. Protective. Safe. Guarded.
Click for larger view.
Ann Demeulemeester
Christian Dior
Issey Miyake
Christian Dior
Christian Dior
Christine Dior
Burberry Prorsum
Burberry Prorsum

I particularly like the fabric of this last outfit. It looks naturally died, but I can't confirm that. I'd like to imagine the large design houses are using natural dying processes, like eco dyes, in their ranges, but I haven't heard anything to confirm this. Would love to find out though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails