22 October 2009

Ramblings #1

This image is taken from Elie Tahari's 2007 Autumn collection. Originally I had filed this under 'colour', but I kept coming back to it mainly because of the simplicity, and also because it reminded me of my own wardrobe. Tahari appears to have found each garment and put them together in much the same way I do when dressing. Maybe she began with the red gloves and then went to the black/denim/navi colours.

I do this too. You find something you really want to wear and then find the next thing that goes with it. This ensemble look appropriate for work. It's business-like, but its also very chic.

The simplicity of dress, with loose, straight sleeves, is deceiving. The idea that less is more is well and truly established. Audrey Hepburn was a pioneer in this regard. Here we see the slim black tights and ballet flats which she wore. These have become staples in many wardrobes and I love to see details from the past resurfacing. Though not a tights person myself, I would kill for those gloves. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails